As a result of its popularity, Air Jordans have transcended all social and economic spheres. Since their release until this day, there has been overwhelming buzz about owning a pair of Jordan shoes, and it hasn’t subsided. People want to get their hands on just one pair of Air Jordans because they are such a sought-after brand.
When there is something as popular as the Air Jordans then there are endless possibilities of having their fakes making people wonder if jordans are made in China. Yes, China is correct. China is where Air Jordans are finally produced in bulk.
Continue reading and dig out more about jordans production.
Table of Contents
Are Jordans Made In China?
Nike creates the Air Jordan brand, which was first introduced in 1984. Prior to becoming a trademark, Michael Jordan received a custom-made Air Jordan when he played for the Chicago Bulls.
Since Jordans first hit the market, the company has earned enough respect to become the most popular shoe brand. Nike has concentrated on meticulously engineering each pair of shoes with every successful shoe launch. They strive to offer products that are of the highest possible quality, comfort, and aesthetic appeal. The company is regarded as a luxury brand.
Since its debut, everyone has been curious about the manufacturing location of Jordan shoes. After reading this article, you will be able to answer all of your Jordan-related questions with certainty.
The actual response to the query, “Are Jordans Made in China?”‘ is Yes.
China is where Air Jordans are finally produced in bulk. You are wearing a made-in-China Jordan because only two factories in China specialize in producing the most sought-after Jordan shoes.
Read More: Is It Safe To Buy Products From China?
How Much Are Jordans In China?
The leading manufacturer and supplier of athletic shoes in the world is Nike. Nike held a market share of 27.4% of the athletic footwear market in 2019.
The extraordinary increase in fitness enthusiasts among the general population is what has led to this startling demand. Athletic footwear has grown in popularity as a fitness product as well as a fashionable and comfortable accessory for working out because of the population’s trend toward health and wellness.
The athletic footwear industry is constantly expanding as a result of rising consumer propensity to buy athletic footwear, a well-organized supply chain, and rising purchasing power. Even though Jordan is a luxury brand and people want to buy it regardless, it may surprise some people that this is not a common concern among those who want to buy them.
However, there is an interesting query: How much are Jordans in China?
Many well-known brands have been surpassed by the fandom of Air Jordans. Even though the Jordan collection is pricey, it has succeeded in eroding the market share of companies like Reebok, Adidas, Converse, and others.
Why Are People Willing Pay So Much For Jordans?
Does it seem difficult to comprehend why someone would spend so much money on a pair of shoes now that you have the price’s answer in your possession?
We know the answer to this question as well, though!
The Air Jordans are more than just athletic shoes for some people; they represent a legacy of basketball passed down through the generations.
Basketball fans would do almost anything to be a part of basketball’s illustrious past because each pair of shoes represents a unique story of success and grit.
As a result, it ranks among their most priceless possessions. Some people even buy them for collection purposes rather than to wear.
I assume that this makes sense. What about those individuals who are not basketball-crazed?
Additionally, these individuals display extreme brand loyalty and spend significant sums of money on the product. Such behavior, according to psychological research, results from the perception that many people tend to equate quality and price. This way of thinking assumes that if something is expensive, it must be high-quality. According to a different study, people who choose branded products might be motivated by their own self-esteem. Due to the fact that treating oneself to luxuries is thought to be a way to boost self-esteem.
As a result, it is safe to say that Nike has abandoned the stigma associated with marketing goods based solely on their costs and profits. The brand represents a segment of the luxury market where product costs are determined more by consumer demand than by production costs.
Tips To Check If Jordans Are Fake
Pay attention to the Jumpman logo on the shoe and the shoebox. Make sure they resemble an actual Jumpman logo by comparing them. Here is a comparison of the genuine and fake Jumpman logos.
Real Jordan shoes have a very sharp edge and a premium appearance to the Jumpman logo. The Jumpman logo’s edge on knockoff Jordans may be fuzzy, messy, and have protruding loose threads.
On fake Jordans, the Jumpman logo itself can appear flimsy.
Appropriate Color & Placement for the Model & Colorway
The Jumpman logo changes in color and placement on different Jordan models and colorways.
You can go online and look for pictures of your Jordan model and colorway to determine the proper color and placement of the Jumpman logo.
Make sure the Jumpman logo on your shoes has the correct color and is positioned correctly by comparing the images you’ve found with your Jordans.
Search the inside of the shoe for a tag that is sewn on. It ought to be printed with the size and a Nike-like code. Make sure they match the Nike style code and the actual size of your shoe.
Typically, the Jordan shoe’s tag is located either on the side or behind the tongue.
The manufacturing label on the side of the box for authentic Jordan shoes has a 9-digit number with the company logo on top of it.
Based on the size tag, you can distinguish a real Jordan from a fake one in a few ways:
- Border: A white border surrounds the size tag. This white frame on actual Jordans is made of thick, dense material. On fake Jordan, the frame material tends to be thinner and more flimsy
- Font: The size tag on actual Jordans is printed with a crisp font that has edges that are clearly defined. On fake Jordans, the font has lower quality printing with smudged and fuzzy edges
- Barcode: A neatly printed barcode can be found on the size tag of authentic Jordan shoes. For fake Jordans, the size tag’s barcode tends to have smeared edges
The packaging for authentic Jordan shoes is strong and well-made. To confirm that the shoebox is genuine, go through the following list:
- The shoeboxes for various Air Jordan models come in a variety of designs and hues. Look up images of the specific shoebox for your particular Jordan model online. Verify that it matches the shoebox your Jordans were shipped in.
- Be certain there are no gaps between the shoebox body and lid.
- There should be no faded spots and the colors on the box should be consistent.
- The box’s lid and sides should bear the Air Jordan Jumpman logos.
A manufacturing sticker is located on the side of the box that houses every genuine Air Jordan. Check the sticker to confirm:
- Your shoes match the shoe model name, size, color scheme, and country of origin listed on the sticker.
- The text on the sticker is printed and spelled correctly.
- The sticker itself is flawlessly rectangular and adheres to the box without any air bubbles.
- The sticker accurately displays the Nike style code.
- There are nine digits printed on the manufacturing sticker that represents the Nike style code. It is divided into two groups: a 6-digit group and a 3-digit group.
- For example, the Nike Style Code of Air Jordan 4 Retro Laser 30th Anniversary is 705333 105
- For the Nike style code for your Jordan model, visit websites like StockX or Barcode Spider and enter the name of the shoe.
- Verify that the manufacturing sticker’s Nike style code corresponds to the Nike style code on the shoe.
- Unfortunately, not a single website has all of the Jordan editions, models, and colorways in its database. Thus, you might need to check multiple websites.
- On the sticker, there is a valid UPC code.
- The sticker with the UPC number printed directly beneath a barcode has a 12- or 13-digit number.
- For example, the UPC number of Air Jordan 4 Retro Laser “30th Anniversary” is 888408148209
- To find the corresponding UPC for your Jordan model, visit the website Barcode Spider and type in the model name.
- Verify the UPC on the manufacturing sticker matches the UPC on the product packaging.
Model & Colorway
To find the model and colorway of your Jordans, use Google. Your shoes are fake if you can’t find them online.
Look up Nike Style Code on Size Tag
The Nike Style Code for your Jordan can be found on the size tag inside the shoe. It is a 9-symbol long code that is printed in two groups of six symbols each, followed by three symbols each.
Look up Model & Colorway Information on Online Database
Enter the Nike Style Code from Step 1 to find the corresponding Model and Colorway on websites like StockX or GOAT.
Verify Shoe Appearance
You can find images of the Jordan you’re looking up in online databases like StockX or GOAT.
To ensure that your Jordans look right, compare those images to your shoes. This is a good way to verify the model and colorway of your Jordans
Verify Model & Colorway Information on Shoebox Sticker
A shoebox with a manufacturing sticker on it should contain all genuine Jordan shoes. Information about the model, colorway, Nike Style Code, size, and country of origin of the shoe can be found on this sticker.
The Nike Style Code on the shoebox sticker should match the Nike Style Code you discovered in Step 1. Check to see if the two are compatible.
Apply the same procedure to the model and colorway you discovered in Step 2. Make sure they match the model and colorway printed on the shoebox sticker
Your shoes should have the best possible stitching, with evenly spaced stitches and no frayed or loose threads. Ensure that the Jumpman logo on your shoes is well-made and has a sharp (not fuzzy) edge.
Real Jordans have evenly spaced and uniformly executed stitching. On fake Jordans, the stitching can be messy and the gap between each stitch can be inconsistently spaced
Real Jordans have symmetrical stitching on both the left and right shoes. On fake Jordans, you may see different stitching on different shoe
Appropriate for the Model & Colorway
The model and colorway of your Jordan should be matched by the stitching pattern and color.
Enter the model and colorway of your shoe in an online sneaker database like StockX or GOAT to see a picture of that shoe.
Examine your shoe’s stitching in comparison to the shoe in the photo. If the stitching patterns and colors on the 2 shoes do not match, your shoe is not authentic
You can find a barcode on the size tag inside your Jordan or on the shoebox sticker on your Jordan’s shoebox. A 12-digit UPC that matches the barcode is located below it.
You can check your Jordan’s barcode by:
- Find the UPC underneath the barcode on the size tag inside your Jordan
- Visit a barcode search engine like Barcode Lookup. Type in the UPC you found in Step 1
- The barcode lookup website will give you the shoe model, colorway, and size combination that corresponds to the UPC you have entered
- Make sure this model, colorway, and size combination matches the actual model, colorway, and size of your Jordan
The Bottom Line
We hope this article provided an insightful look at the world of the athletic footwear industry and Air Jordans.
You can ask about it in the comments if you have any questions about how much air jordans cost.